Instructions for Putting On Glass Bangles
Yes, they really are glass! Glass bangles are delicate and can cut you if they break. They must be put on carefully, and they take some practice at first.
The key to putting on Indian glass bangles is to keep a loose flexible hand.
- BE CAREFUL! They are breakable and can cut you.
- Apply lotion to your hand.
- Hold your hand VERTICAL from the floor and do not stiffen your hand.
- Slowly and carefully work the bangles on in small groups (2-4 bangles at a time), being careful that the bangles are stain over top of each other. If the bangles are off-kilter they will snap.
- Wiggle your fingers a bit when the bangles get to the widest part of your hand. Think of moving your hand through the bangles rather than moving the bangles over your hand.
Use as much lotion as needed. As you wear bangles your hands will become more flexible and you won’t need as much lotion.
Watch this video to put on glass bangles
Watch me put on glass bangles. See the the tips and tricks to avoid breakage!
When I was new to glass bangles, I wore bangles too large because I didn’t know how to properly put bangles on without breaking them.
This video will let you avoid that and make you a pro!